Tranzit is our preferred travel partner. With Tranzit you can buy a return bus ticket from Wairarapa, Wellington or Palmerston North,
Tranzit earlybird bus tickets are on sale via the Toast website NOW. Tickets can be purchased individually for bus transport from various pick up points during the sale period when buying earlybird Toast tickets (minimum of 6 Toast tickets). You can also pay for tickets using internet banking, credit card, or there’s even a layby option. You can select your time and pick up point at the time of buying your bus ticket.
Wairarapa Earlybird – $22 return plus iticket and credit card fee ($27 at GA)
Masterton – Tranzit Depot, Queen Street 9.15am
Carterton – Opposite New World 9.30am
Greytown – Corner of West and Hastwell Streets 9.45am
Featherston – Mobil Service Station 9.45am
Lake Ferry – Lake Ferry Hotel 9.30am
Departures back to the various Wairarapa towns from the Martinborough Square will be available from 5.30pm at the earliest, with the final departure time being 7.00pm.
Wellington Earlybird – $47 return plus iticket and credit card fee ($52 at GA)
Kilbirnie – ASB Sports Centre, 72 Kemp Street 8.45am
Wellington Wakefield Street – Opposite Amora Hotel 8.45am & 9.15am
Wellington – Brandon Street 8.45am & 9.15am
Petone Railway Station (Eastern Side) 9.00am & 9.30am
Melling Railway Station 9.10am & 9.40am
Upper Hutt Railway Station 9.30am & 10.00am
Departures back to the Wellington region will be from the Tranzit Coach Parking precinct, in the Martinborough Square from 5.30pm at the earliest, with the final departure time being 7.00pm (Please report 15 mins prior to departure).
Palmerston North- Earlybird – $47 return plus iticket and credit card fee ($52 at GA)
Palmerston North – i-Site on the Square 8.30am
Woodville – Bus Stop Grey Street 9.00am
Pahiatua – Tranzit Depot 9.10am
Eketahuna – Opposite the Community Store 9.30am
Departures back to Palmerston North will be from the Tranzit Parking precinct, in the Martinborough Square at 6.00pm (Please report 15mins prior to departure)
There are no toilets on any Tranzit bus. Consumption of hot food is not permitted. No alcohol or smoking permitted on any bus. Tranzit Terms and Conditions apply (see bottom of page).
If you’ve already purchased a bus ticket through iticket and need to change the pick up time or place, that’s easy. Call iticket on 0508 iticket (484-253) or email email@example.com
With Tranzit, you can Hire a Bus or a Van for your group, or book a private charter. Please note: No conveyance licences will be issued for any charter buses or shuttles travelling to Toast Martinborough.
For more information call 0800 471 227 or email
Please note that there will not be a charter train for Toast Martinborough 2019.
Tickets for the public train can only be purchased on the day at the Wellington Railway Station and this service is run by Metlink. The public train will leave Wellington Railway Station at 9.55am and arrive at Featherston Station at 10.52am. Tranzit buses will transport you from Featherston Station to Martinborough Town Square (approx 15 mins drive) for Toast Martinborough, and the cost for this service is $10 per person return. The return train leaves Featherston Station at 5.26pm and arrives in Wellington at 6.25pm. See metlink for times from other stations.
Bookings are essential for the return bus trip from Featherston Station to Toast through Tranzit. The bus will leave the Square in plenty of time for you to catch the Featherston – Wellington train (approx. 4.45pm). Book through Tranzit. Cash bookings on the day only if seats are available.
The following taxi companies are Wairarapa-based and can provide taxi services to and from Toast Martinborough. Early booking is essential.
Carterton Shuttles & Martinborough Shuttles 06 379 5303
Green Jersey Tours 06 306 6027
Masterton Shuttles: 06 377 1923
Rimutaka Shuttles: 06 308 9007
1. Cancellations required before 5.00pm Thursday 14 November 2019. Applies to bus transport cancellation only. Refunds cannot be given for packages (transport and event ticket purchased together).
2. Cancellation fee of $10.00 per person applies.
3. No alcohol or smoking is permitted on the bus.
4. Toilets are not available on the bus, please make use of the facilities before boarding the bus as out of respect for the other passengers there are no toilet stops.
5. Consumption of hot food will not be permitted on board.
6. Tranzit cannot be held responsible for any ‘Passengers’ left behind at the end of the festival; this responsibility falls on the individual. Departure times are stated and need to be adhered too.
7. Tranzit cannot be held responsible for the theft of ‘Passengers’ personal property or personal property left behind on the vehicle.
8. The ‘Passenger’ will be responsible for meeting any costs of repairing damage to the vehicle, or cleaning the vehicle as a result of the conduct and actions of the ‘Passenger’.
9. If travelling with friends please note that you may not be on board the same bus. We will have multiple buses travelling to the festival with multiple pick ups. We suggest arriving together at your pick up location in plenty of time to board the same bus.
10. Terms apply to fare paying passengers only. Separate terms apply for charter customers/passengers.
11. For any urgent transport enquiries on the day please call 0800 471 227.